The Analyzer's GUI provides a power tool for analyzing scan results. Even if you usually work from the command line or run everything batch, you can load saved results into the GUI for post-run analysis.
Following is a summary of how to effectively analyze results using the GUI. You can find further elaboration in the User's Manual.
- Undock the results pane to maximize your viewing area.
- Click on a column heading to sort results by that column. Click again to reverse the sort.
- Double click in a row to bring up any further details about the violation.
- Select instances and nets to view contextual and connectivity related details in the Circuit tab.
- Use cross-probing to view selected instances and nets in your schematic editor.
- Collapse redundant violations such as those caused by multiple instances of the same cell.
- Use filter expressions to isolate specific types of violations.
- Waive violations that are of no concern to remove them from this and future result sets.